Editor’s Note: To view all the 530+ different energy and water conservation tips for the home, simply access our Free Energy and Water Savings Guide, 3rd Edition
Number 18, Home Energy Audit – Professional. Some government financial assistance programs for energy conservation in the home, like the former Canadian ecoENERGY Residential Retrofit program, require accredited professional assessors to first undertake an energy audit of the house before the household can become eligible for such grants.
Even where this is not required in your jurisdiction, consider having a professional energy audit performed on your home so you can have an independent assessment of where you can start to save money through taking action to reduce air leaks, energy inefficient appliances, etc. in your home.
INSTALL COST - Middle INSTALL COMPLEXITY – Middle
FREQUENCY – One Time FINANCIAL PAYBACK – Huge
Suggested Articles For You:
- Weather Stripping – Better Late Than… – Part 1 (1)
- Replace Worn Door Sweep (1)
- Sealing Drywall Ceiling Vent Air Leaks Alternatives (1)
- Weather Stripping – Better Late Than… – Part 2 (1)
- Sealing Home Air Leaks To Reduce Home Heating Bills (1)