Editor’s Note: To view all the 530+ different energy and water conservation tips for the home, simply access our Free Energy and Water Savings Guide, 3rd Edition
Number 467, Use Compost or Green Bin, Not Sink Garbarator. These devices can be addictively convenient.
There you are, near the sink and trying to put a plate in the dishwasher. It can be more convenient to simply scrape the food scraps off the plate into the sink’s garbarator.
However, these devices use electricity and some of them also use water.
So, instead, open the cabinet door under the sink and scrape the food into the green bin. It will save you money.
INSTALL COST – Free INSTALL COMPLEXITY – Simple
FREQUENCY – Habit FINANCIAL PAYBACK – M0derate
Suggested Articles For You:
- Home Water Savings Tip #440 – Inside – Use Fish Tank Water For Plants (1)
- Home Water Savings Tip #441 – Inside – Bring Some Snow Inside To Melt To Water Indoor Plants (1)
- Home Water Savings Tip #439 – Inside – Turn Off Main Water Shutoff When Away On Vacation (1)
- Home Water Savings Tip #438 – Inside – Collect Water To Rinse Things For Plants (1)
- Home Water Savings Tip #437 – Inside – Know Where Main Water Shutoff Valve Is Located (1)