Editor’s Note: To view all the 530+ different energy and water conservation tips for the home, simply access our Free Energy and Water Savings Guide, 3rd Edition
Number 465, Use a Lettuce Spinner vs Washing Your Lettuce Under a Faucet. Yes, you need to clean all fruits and vegetables you buy before eating them.
When it comes to lettuce, use what I call a lettuce spinner. It uses just a little water to clean the amount of lettuce you place inside…a lot less water than trying to clean the lettuce underneath a faucet!
But, you knew that, right?
INSTALL COST – Cheap INSTALL COMPLEXITY – Simple
FREQUENCY – Habit FINANCIAL PAYBACK – M0derate
Suggested Articles For You:
- Home Water Savings Tip #440 – Inside – Use Fish Tank Water For Plants (1)
- Home Water Savings Tip #441 – Inside – Bring Some Snow Inside To Melt To Water Indoor Plants (1)
- Home Water Savings Tip #439 – Inside – Turn Off Main Water Shutoff When Away On Vacation (1)
- Home Water Savings Tip #438 – Inside – Collect Water To Rinse Things For Plants (1)
- Home Water Savings Tip #437 – Inside – Know Where Main Water Shutoff Valve Is Located (1)