Editor’s Note: To view all the 530+ different energy and water conservation tips for the home, simply access our Free Energy and Water Savings Guide, 3rd Edition
Number 440, Use Fish Tank Water For Plants. We only have had a fish tank for a short while and never considered this.
I’m not sure I would because after a while the soil might start to emit a unique odor; however, one of our visitors recommended it so I’ll leave it up to your discretion for those who do have indoor fish tanks.
And, again, remember to first check with your local municipality regarding this type of ‘grey water’ on your property.
INSTALL COST – Free INSTALL COMPLEXITY – Simple
FREQUENCY – Periodic FINANCIAL PAYBACK – Some
Suggested Articles For You:
- Home Water Savings Tip #441 – Inside – Bring Some Snow Inside To Melt To Water Indoor Plants (1)
- Home Water Savings Tip #442 – Inside – Use Some Bath Water For Garden (1)
- Home Water Savings Tip #439 – Inside – Turn Off Main Water Shutoff When Away On Vacation (1)
- Home Water Savings Tip #438 – Inside – Collect Water To Rinse Things For Plants (1)
- Home Water Savings Tip #437 – Inside – Know Where Main Water Shutoff Valve Is Located (1)