Editor’s Note: To view all the 530+ different energy and water conservation tips for the home, simply access our Free Energy and Water Savings Guide, 3rd Edition
Number 439, Turn Main Tap Off When Away on Vacation. Interesting idea. Even when you are away, a minute amount of water is consumed by the hot water tank (if you have one), the toilets, etc. as water evaporates as well as any unknown water leaks.
This also prevents against any fresh water being wasted from any pipes which might burst or any new leaks which start when you are away.
INSTALL COST – Free INSTALL COMPLEXITY – Simple
FREQUENCY – Periodic FINANCIAL PAYBACK – Some
Suggested Articles For You:
- Home Water Savings Tip #441 – Inside – Bring Some Snow Inside To Melt To Water Indoor Plants (1)
- Home Water Savings Tip #442 – Inside – Use Some Bath Water For Garden (1)
- Home Water Savings Tip #440 – Inside – Use Fish Tank Water For Plants (1)
- Home Water Savings Tip #438 – Inside – Collect Water To Rinse Things For Plants (1)
- Home Water Savings Tip #437 – Inside – Know Where Main Water Shutoff Valve Is Located (1)