Editor’s Note: To view all the 530+ different energy and water conservation tips for the home, simply access our Free Energy and Water Savings Guide, 3rd Edition
Number 438, Collect Water Used To Rinse Things For Plants. This is an extension of an earlier water saving idea.
What do you rinse in the house? Fruits and vegetables? Sure. Dishes that did not come out completely clean from the dishwasher?
What about dishes you wash by hand; ever need to rinse them? What about clothes used to clean kitchen counters and the kitchen table; do you rinse those reusable cleaning cloths first?
See what I mean? There is a lot of opportunity with this water saving idea to save money by reusing water to rinse things. And, it is such a simple idea that costs you nothing.
INSTALL COST – Free INSTALL COMPLEXITY – Simple
FREQUENCY – Habit FINANCIAL PAYBACK – Moderate
Suggested Articles For You:
- Home Water Savings Tip #441 – Inside – Bring Some Snow Inside To Melt To Water Indoor Plants (1)
- Home Water Savings Tip #442 – Inside – Use Some Bath Water For Garden (1)
- Home Water Savings Tip #440 – Inside – Use Fish Tank Water For Plants (1)
- Home Water Savings Tip #439 – Inside – Turn Off Main Water Shutoff When Away On Vacation (1)
- Home Water Savings Tip #437 – Inside – Know Where Main Water Shutoff Valve Is Located (1)