Editor’s Note: To view all the 530+ different energy and water conservation tips for the home, simply access our Free Energy and Water Savings Guide, 3rd Edition
Number 437, Know Where Main Water Shutoff Valve is Located, in case you need to turn off the water completely in your home in a hurry so you don’t waste any fresh water due to a major water leak.
Right now, could you tell me where the main water shut off valve is in your house or apartment? If not, go look for it right now so you know exactly where it is when you need it.
INSTALL COST – Free INSTALL COMPLEXITY – Simple
FREQUENCY – Periodic FINANCIAL PAYBACK – Moderate
Suggested Articles For You:
- Home Water Savings Tip #441 – Inside – Bring Some Snow Inside To Melt To Water Indoor Plants (1)
- Home Water Savings Tip #442 – Inside – Use Some Bath Water For Garden (1)
- Home Water Savings Tip #440 – Inside – Use Fish Tank Water For Plants (1)
- Home Water Savings Tip #439 – Inside – Turn Off Main Water Shutoff When Away On Vacation (1)
- Home Water Savings Tip #438 – Inside – Collect Water To Rinse Things For Plants (1)