Editor’s Note: To view all the 530+ different energy and water conservation tips for the home, simply access our Free Energy and Water Savings Guide, 3rd Edition
Number 167, Seasonally Adjust Light / Heavy Drapes, is similar but different to tip #166. In this tip, if you have them, replace your heavy drapes or curtains used during the winter with ones that are not as thick or heavy.
By doing this, you will allow more air to circulate through the open window when open yet still keep some of the sun’s direct UV rays out.
INSTALL COST – Free INSTALL COMPLEXITY – Simple
FREQUENCY – Habit FINANCIAL PAYBACK – Some
Suggested Articles For You:
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #326 – Heating – Electric Mattress Pad (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #325 – Heating – Vent Reflectors (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #324 – Heating – Hang Thick Curtains in Entrance (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #323 – Heating – Insullate Exterior Door Frames (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #327 – Heating – InfraRed Temperature Reader (1)