Editor’s Note: To view all the 530+ different energy and water conservation tips for the home, simply access our Free Energy and Water Savings Guide, 3rd Edition
Number 53, Use Task Lighting, Always. Why use ceiling recessed lighting if you only want light to read a book?
Instead, use the table lamp (containing a CFL or better yet an LED energy saving light bulb, of course).
Why have the recessed ceiling lights on in the kitchen when you are simply over the stove?
Instead, use the light immediately above the stove to provide direct task lighting, remembering to turn that light off when you are finished cooking.
And, so on…
INSTALL COST – Free INSTALL COMPLEXITY – Simple
FREQUENCY – Habit FINANCIAL PAYBACK – Moderate
Suggested Articles For You:
- Using Home Depot EcoSmart PAR20 LED Light Bulb (1)
- Using LED Light Bulbs Is Saving Us Money (1)
- Home Depot EcoSmart PAR 20 LED Lightbulb Review (1)
- Using LED Lights In The Garage (1)
- Where To Use PAR 20 LED Lightbulbs in the Bathroom (1)