Editor’s Note: To view all the 530+ different energy and water conservation tips for the home, simply access our Free Energy and Water Savings Guide, 3rd Edition
Number 331, Interior Solar Blinds Collective Side Out. We have written a lot about the exterior solar blinds we use on the outside of our south facing windows. Well, there are products which one can use on the inside of the south facing windows which have two different types of sides.
One side will repel most of the sun’s UV rays entering the window to keep the room cooler in the summer. The other side will collect the sun’s UV rays and help keep the room warmer in the winter.
This type of product is more expensive than exterior solar shades.
INSTALL COST – Middle INSTALL COMPLEXITY – Simple
FREQUENCY – One Time FINANCIAL PAYBACK – Some
Suggested Articles For You:
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #329 – Heating – Line Mattress With Sleeping Bag (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #328 – Heating – Insulate Attic Pull-Down Stairs (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #327 – Heating – InfraRed Temperature Reader (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #326 – Heating – Electric Mattress Pad (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #330 – Heating – Strategic Shrub and Bush Placement (1)