Editor’s Note: To view all the 530+ different energy and water conservation tips for the home, simply access our Free Energy and Water Savings Guide, 3rd Edition
Number 330, Plant Insulating Barrier of Shrubs 1 Foot From House. The idea here is to create a wind break on the side of the house which received the most direct wind in the winter.
By doing this, you stop much off the cold wind from reaching the exterior wall to reduce the amount which might penetrate through the wall and into the home.
INSTALL COST – Middle INSTALL COMPLEXITY – Simple
FREQUENCY – One Time FINANCIAL PAYBACK – Some
Suggested Articles For You:
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #329 – Heating – Line Mattress With Sleeping Bag (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #328 – Heating – Insulate Attic Pull-Down Stairs (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #327 – Heating – InfraRed Temperature Reader (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #326 – Heating – Electric Mattress Pad (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #331 – Heating – Interior Solar Heating Screens (1)