Editor’s Note: To view all the 530+ different energy and water conservation tips for the home, simply access our Free Energy and Water Savings Guide, 3rd Edition
Number 328, Attic Pull Down Stairs Insulation. For those homes with a pull down stairs type of access to the attic, don’t forget to insulate the top of the pull down stairs.
This area is just like the rest of the floor of our attic; if it is not insulated, then hot air will leave your room and go up into the attic and then out through the openings in the roof, causing your furnace to run more than it should to heat the livable areas of your home and cost you higher winter heating bills.
There are specialty products you can use for this very purpose.
INSTALL COST – Middle INSTALL COMPLEXITY – Simple
FREQUENCY – Habit FINANCIAL PAYBACK – Large
Suggested Articles For You:
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #330 – Heating – Strategic Shrub and Bush Placement (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #329 – Heating – Line Mattress With Sleeping Bag (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #327 – Heating – InfraRed Temperature Reader (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #326 – Heating – Electric Mattress Pad (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #331 – Heating – Interior Solar Heating Screens (1)