Editor’s Note: To view all the 530+ different energy and water conservation tips for the home, simply access our Free Energy and Water Savings Guide, 3rd Edition
Number 326, Electric Mattress Pad. Using an electric mattress pad can certainly keep you much warming in bed at night to allow you to set the temperature on your central furnace’s thermostat much lower at night to save you money on your winter heating bill.
You need, of course, to compare how much money you are spending on the additional electricity consumed by the electric mattress pad to determine if it is saving you money.
INSTALL COST – Middle INSTALL COMPLEXITY – Simple
FREQUENCY – Habit FINANCIAL PAYBACK – Some
Suggested Articles For You:
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #330 – Heating – Strategic Shrub and Bush Placement (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #329 – Heating – Line Mattress With Sleeping Bag (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #328 – Heating – Insulate Attic Pull-Down Stairs (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #327 – Heating – InfraRed Temperature Reader (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #331 – Heating – Interior Solar Heating Screens (1)