Editor’s Note: To view all the 530+ different energy and water conservation tips for the home, simply access our Free Energy and Water Savings Guide, 3rd Edition
Number 321, Wash Windows to Maximize Sun in Winter. Sure, keep your interior window coverings (drapes, blinds, etc.) open during the day in the winter to let the sun enter the home and help heat the inside.
However, more of the sun’s UV rays which will heat the inside air when the windows are clean (on the outside and inside) compared to when they are dirty.
INSTALL COST – Cheap INSTALL COMPLEXITY – Simple
FREQUENCY – Periodic FINANCIAL PAYBACK – Moderate
Suggested Articles For You:
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #326 – Heating – Electric Mattress Pad (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #325 – Heating – Vent Reflectors (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #324 – Heating – Hang Thick Curtains in Entrance (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #323 – Heating – Insullate Exterior Door Frames (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #327 – Heating – InfraRed Temperature Reader (1)