Editor’s Note: To view all the 530+ different energy and water conservation tips for the home, simply access our Free Energy and Water Savings Guide, 3rd Edition
Number 282, Seasonally Change Ceiling Fan Direction. If your home has a ceiling fan this money saving heating tip is for you.
Reverse the direction of the ceiling fan in the winter to help circulate the air in the home during the winter so the heated air does not rise and stay up around the ceiling.
INSTALL COST – Free INSTALL COMPLEXITY – Simple
FREQUENCY – Periodic FINANCIAL PAYBACK – Moderate
Suggested Articles For You:
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #330 – Heating – Strategic Shrub and Bush Placement (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #329 – Heating – Line Mattress With Sleeping Bag (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #328 – Heating – Insulate Attic Pull-Down Stairs (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #327 – Heating – InfraRed Temperature Reader (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #331 – Heating – Interior Solar Heating Screens (1)