Editor’s Note: To view all the 530+ different energy and water conservation tips for the home, simply access our Free Energy and Water Savings Guide, 3rd Edition
Number 41, Double Recipe and Freeze Balance for Later. When I make my world famous home made tomato and meat sauce, I always make sufficient for two or three meals, freezing the excess for another time. Cooking more than just for one meal does use more energy than cooking just enough for the single meal.
However, the amount of energy used to double the recipe is less (at least in the opinion of myself and others) than the combined energy consumed by cooking two meals at two different times. Plus, it will save you a lot of time as well.
INSTALL COST - Cheap INSTALL COMPLEXITY – Simple
FREQUENCY – Periodic FINANCIAL PAYBACK – Some
Suggested Articles For You:
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #330 – Heating – Strategic Shrub and Bush Placement (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #329 – Heating – Line Mattress With Sleeping Bag (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #328 – Heating – Insulate Attic Pull-Down Stairs (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #327 – Heating – InfraRed Temperature Reader (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #331 – Heating – Interior Solar Heating Screens (1)