Editor’s Note: To view all the 530+ different energy and water conservation tips for the home, simply access our Free Energy and Water Savings Guide, 3rd Edition
Number 40, Use Oven Broiler. One of our site’s visitors claims this will conserve energy because the food will cook faster. I’m not so sure.
While the meal will cook faster, will the broiler setting of an oven consume more energy than the regular bake setting? I couldn’t find any information on this when I looked. As well, be careful as not all meals cooked in the oven are meant to be cooked by using the broiler setting.
INSTALL COST - Cheap INSTALL COMPLEXITY – Simple
FREQUENCY – Periodic FINANCIAL PAYBACK – Some
Suggested Articles For You:
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #330 – Heating – Strategic Shrub and Bush Placement (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #329 – Heating – Line Mattress With Sleeping Bag (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #328 – Heating – Insulate Attic Pull-Down Stairs (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #327 – Heating – InfraRed Temperature Reader (1)
- Daily Home Energy Savings Tip #331 – Heating – Interior Solar Heating Screens (1)